Tag Archives: Colette Licorice dress

Licorice saved!!

Hallelujah!! It’s saved!!

By no means is it perfect but I managed to get it ‘wearable’; which is exactly all it was meant to be 🙂

As aforementioned I removed the old zipper, pinked the remaining shredded back seams, and reinstalled a new invisible zipper to the outer shell.

Then I added bias tape to each of the lining seams, and attached the other side of the bias tape to the (new) zipper, which added about a half inch on each side. (see below)

Turns out that little extra ease was enough to make it work! Yay!!

20120624-114939.jpg

The zipper is still a bit wavy but not the horrid puckery mess it was the first go round. Here is the new improved back view:

20120624-115047.jpg

I still have to finish the collar seam at the top of the opening, slip stitch closed the belt, and press everything but I’m really glad to have finally gotten the tough part done!

Pics to follow when I’m done, then on to Hazel!